Phase 2 Planning
Planning, design and environmental review are underway for Phase 2 Project work.
Environmental analysis for Phase 2 alternative plans at Eden Landing is about to begin.
Stay tuned for news about a public meeting in late spring or early summer 2016 to gather public comments on issues that the analysis should consider.
The final environmental analysis document, which incorporates changes made in response to public comments received on the draft environmental analysis document, has been released. It contains all public comments received.
The document details Phase 2 plans for 2,400 acres of ponds in the Alviso area near San Jose and Mountain View, and the Ravenswood area near East Palo Alto/Menlo Park. Click here to see a map of Phase 2 plans in these areas.
- To Download: You can download all or part of the final Environmental Impact Statement/Report here.
- To Comment: While this is the final version of the environmental analysis document, public comments are being accepted. They can be submitted in writing, or presented orally at a May 26, 2016, meeting of the Governing Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy in Sacramento.
- Submit in writing, with the name of your contact person, to:
Brenda Buxton, Deputy Bay Program Manager
State Coastal Conservancy, 1330 Broadway, 13th Floor, Oakland, CA, 94612.
Email: Brenda.firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 510-286-0753
- Comment at the May 26, 2016 Conservancy Board meeting. Please check the Conservancy’s website at http://scc.ca.gov as the time and location may change. The meeting is currently scheduled for 10:00 a.m. at:
The Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Next Steps: On May 26, related to Phase 2, the Conservancy Board will consider:
- Certification of the EIS/EIR;
- Approval of the Preferred Alternative as defined in that EIS/EIR;
- Adoption of the Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program; and
- Authorization to disburse up to $13,694,629 to Ducks Unlimited, Inc. for implementation of two South Bay Salt Pond Restoration Project Phase 2 projects.
To View a Hard Copy of the Final EIS/R:
- San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge Complex Headquarters,
1 Marshlands Road, Fremont, CA 94555,
- State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, 510-286-1015 [map]
- US Army Corps San Francisco District, 1455 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, 415-503-6804, [map]
- Santa Clara Valley Water District administration building, 5750 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, CA 95118,
Copies of the document also are available for public review at the following libraries:
- Alviso Branch Library, 5050 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95002, 408-263-3626 [map]
- Biblioteca Latino America, 921 South First St., San Jose, CA 95110, 408-294-1237 [map]
- California State University Library, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward, CA 94542, 510-885-4287, [map]
- Fremont Main Library, 2400 Stevenson Blvd., Fremont, CA 94538, 510-745-1400 [map]
- Menlo Park Library, 800 Alma St., Menlo Park, CA 94025, 650-330-2500 [map]
- Mountain View Library, 585 Franklin St., Mountain View, CA 94041, 650-903-6337 [map]
- Rinconada Library, 1213 Newell Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303, 650-329-2436
- King Library, 150 E San Fernando St., San Jose, CA 95112, 408-808-2000 [map]
- Redwood City Main Library, 1044 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA 94063, 650-780-7018 [map]
- San Mateo County East Palo Alto Library, 2415 University Ave., East Palo Alto, CA 94303, 650-321-7712 [map]
- Santa Clara County Milpitas Library, 160 N Main St., Milpitas, CA 95035, 408-262-1171 [map]
- City of Santa Clara Central Park Library, 2635 Homestead Rd., Santa Clara, CA 95051, 408-615-2900 [map]
- Sunnyvale Public Library, 665 West Olive Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086, 408-730-7300 [map]
- Natural Resources Library, U.S. Department of the Interior, 1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240.
Other Phase 2 Documents
These handouts summarize key actions under consideration:
- Handout - Eden Landing (PDF)
- Handout - Alviso (PDF)
- Handout - Ravenswood (PDF)
You can give us your thoughts and ideas through our comment form.